Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Android Apps Review: Eggs

When I first opened Eggs for Android, I was shocked. It is an emulator of an ancient (80's or early 90's) handheld game, based on the TV animation "Nu, Pagadi". You can check the series on YouTube, they are old Russian comedy cartoons, similar to the idea of Tom and Jerry, but in Solviet Russia setting.

The game only has one screen, no menu options are available. It shows a rendering of the game with its buttons and screen. The gameplay is very simple - there is a hen house with four cells, eggs roll from them and it is your task to press the corresponding button so the character can catch the eggs in a basket. You miss three eggs, game is over. Over time the eggs start falling faster and more at the time, so it becomes really challenging. All the control is done using the touch screen. The game emulates the original very well, I used to have it and I was very sad, when it broke. Now I can bring back those memories.

Worth installing? Absolutely, it is a very decent arcade type game.

What do I want to see in future versions? I noticed that sometimes the response of the on-screen buttons is not very good. On certain occasions there was a noticeable lag between pressing a button and the response from the game. Hopefully the next update will fix that. The game needs sound and a save game option. With all these details fixed, my rating will likely go up to the maximum.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment